- SEEMail, orginating at UW-Madison, archives news items on the social, economic and ethical impacts of agricultural biotechnology, and announces updates several times a week by e-mail if you register.
- The daily news service from Nature, a top scientific publication
- Science Now, the daily news service from Science, top scientific publication
- Reuters' wire service has an excellent online science page
- Science Daily Magazine is an online source for daily science news. About ten articles a day.
Ag Biotech specific sites
- The Pew Initiative on Food and Biotechnology is a private grant-funded site which attempts to remain impartial in the biotech PR wars. It features a summary of a different news item almost every day.
- The Why Biotech pages are sponsored by a pro-industry group, and do an excellent job of presenting information.
- Greenpeace has taken a leading role in opposing biotechnology in agriculture. The link takes you to their anti-genetic engineering news page.
- Ag Bio World is an ardently pro-biotechnology site. You can subscribe to their daily e-mail list and you will get an e-mail every business day filled with clippings on biotechnology in agriculture.
Biotechnology sites (not limited to agriculture)
- Bio Space Breaking News often contains ag biotech items. It often lists several sources on the same story, which is good for comparing the different spins given to stories.
- The Program in Agricultural Technology Studies at the University of Wisconsin-Madison
- BioTrek, the Outreach Program of the University of Wisconsin-Madison Biotechnology Center
- SEEBiotech, UW-Madison-based website on biotechnology issues.
- The UW's Holtz Center for Science and Technology Studies Program, housed within the College of Letters and Sciences.
- Steenbock Library at the University of Wisconsin-Madison has a page full of links on biotechnology and GMOs at http://www.library.wisc.edu/guides/Biology/gmo.htm
- UW-Madison website about biotechnology
- UW-Madison website about stem cells