Your UWBC deliverable data can be downloaded at the UWBC Facility Files download page. Log in using your UW NetID (for UW-Madison users) or email address and password (for external users).
For security reasons, we only allow SFTP transfers from UW-Madison networks. Remote users must use the web portal or connect to the campus network using the DoIT VPN service. Contact the DoIT help desk or your local IT support if you need help with the VPN service.
If you need more assistance see this page: Guide to setting up WinSCP (Windows File Transfer)
CentOS 7 and Ubuntu 16 include newer versions of the command line SFTP client that support autocomplete and recursive downloads (the SFTP client is part of openssh). CentOS 6 has an older version that does not support these features, which makes the SFTP client very hard to use. There are also GUI clients available for Gnome, KDE, etc.
Please follow these instructions to download data from the UWBC Globus Connect server using CILogon. Globus Connect is a very fast, convenient method to transfer large amounts of data. CILogon allows members of the InCommon Federation to log in using their home institution credentials.
1. Log into https://cilogon.org/. You will need to choose your home institution from a list. If you find it, log in. If it isn't listed your institution may not be a participant. If you have no usable accounts you can still use the UWBC Facility Files web download page.
2. Once you have logged in you should see a “Certificate subject” listed. There is no sensitive information here, it is just an identifier. The line should start with "/DC=org" and end with a code with a letter and some numbers.
It will look similar to this. Copy the entire line and email it to us:
Certificate Subject: /DC=org/DC=cilogon/C=US/O=University of Wisconsin-Madison/CN=George Washington A53556
The page may include a button to Get a New Certificate. There is no need to do that, just send us the Certificate Subject.
3. You will be notified by UWBC staff that your account is ready you can log into Globus Connect to download your files.
4. You will need to Install the Globus Connect application on your computer and create a Globus account. Mac, Linux and Windows versions are available.
6. To log in, open Globus Connect application. Choose use your existing organizational login and select your home institution. To find the UWBC endpoint that contains your files, search in Globus Connect for UW-Madison Biotechnology Center - Internal Users or UW-Madison Biotechnology Center - External Users.