In collaboration with the DNA Sequencing Facility the GEC offers RNA library preparation services for sequencing on the Illumina NovaSeq 6000 platform.
TruSeq Small RNA
TruSeq Stranded Total & mRNA
SMART-Seq® v4 Ultra® Low Input RNA / Nextera XT (ultra-low input)
SMARTer® Stranded Total RNA Sample Prep Kit - Low Input Mammalian
T Cell Receptor α/β Profiling Kit
B Cell Receptor IgG H/K/L Profiling Kit
Agilent Sure Select Target Enrichment
The next gen seq team requests all new users of our services please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a meeting to discuss the proposed project.
RNA Sample Recommendations
• TruSeq Stranded mRNA & Total RNA Library Preps optimized for 100-1000ng total RNA
• SMART-Seq v4/ NexteraXT & Stranded Total RNA v2- Low Input Preps optimized for 1-10ng total RNA (RNA suspended in nuclease-free H2O)
• RNA samples should be DNAse treated
• A260/A280 ratio should be 1.8-2.1
RNA Sample Submission Guidelines Jan2019
* RNA is verified for quantity/purity and quality on a NanoDrop One Spectrophotometer and Agilent 2100 Bioanalyzer, respectively.
Agilent RNA chip type is dependent on concentration of RNA-
NanoChip (12 samples) ≥ 100ng/uL
PicoChip (11 samples) ≤ 100ng/uL
Pricing listed above effective 7/1/19.
EXTERNAL RATES: Clients not affiliated with UW Madison or the University of Wisconsin system are charged a 55% surcharge for all labor provided; prices are as listed above. This surcharge is subject to change.
Illumina pricing is broken into two components: library preparation and run cost. Library preparation is charged on a per sample basis and varies by type. Run charges are based on the length of the sequencing run, whether it is single or paired end and depth. Prices are subject to change due to increasing reagent costs.